The Krone is a self-catering establishment particularly suited for fitters, holiday guests and relatives of patients in the epilepsy center.
In a personal family atmosphere the listed guesthouse provides ideal conditions for relaxation after work or during a holiday.
The inside of the house itself is a non-smoking environment. Smokers are welcome to use the many covered areas outside where the smoke will not disturb anyone.
The Krone offers 10 apartments with a total of 31 rooms. Each apartment has a common bathroom and kitchen (or kitchenette for smaller apartments). The smallest apartment has only 1 room – the largest apartment has up to 8 sleep rooms.
- No apartment is the same as the other one, and so the most varied needs can be taken into account.
- Excellent Wi-Fi internet access, good cell phone reception, free parking and cable TV will make your stay pleasant.
- Bedding, towels, toilet paper and garbage bags are provided.
- Washing machine, tumble dryer and freezer are all available for guests to use.
Assemblers and business travellers
Each worker has his or her own room and there are individual apartments for foremen. A deposit is required.
Special rates are available for long term bookings.
In summer, the large garden invites you to linger and barbecue in the evenings.
To wind down after a hard day’s work, there is table football and a home trainer available.
Families and holiday guests
The ”Krone” has been designed with children and families in mind with plenty of space in our family friendly apartments. There is a playground and basketball net in the garden and for rainy days we have a children’s playhouse and table football.
A standing cafe and an Edeka grocery store with a meat section are 200 metres away.
Lidl and Aldi are 5 km away in Kehl-Sundheim.
Numerous good restaurants and a beer garden are in the immediate vicinity.
The Gasthaus Hotel Krone was built in 1734.
At that time, 120 oaks and 160 firs were used to build the house.
The house is located on the old village square right next to the old village church.
Even Mozart is said to have slept here.
The building was last refurbished in 1993-1996 using environmentally friendly building materials, while preserving the original character of the house and the old framework. The doors and windows have been carefully restored taking into account modern heat protection regulations.
The Krone is made of natural wood furniture, mostly antique.
The house is also suitable for people with allergies.
An extensive courtyard and a beautifully landscaped garden are part of it’s charm.
In 778 AD the village of Kork was first mentioned in the documents.
Historical buildings that document the history of the place have been preserved to this day. Surrounded by meadows, forests and fields, and by its proximity to French Alsace and the Black Forest, Kork is a charming idyll in the Badian Ortenaukreis.
- Kork has an excellent gastronomy, which can also be seen from the numerous restaurant labels.
- The connection to Kork is excellent: motorway A5 Karlsruhe-Basel can be reached in about 5 minutes. ICE connection via Offenburg, rail connection via Kehl and Kork. Strasbourg airport, Lahr airport or Baden airport.
- In the immediate vicinity you will find numerous sights and attractions, such as the Strasbourg Cathedral (about 15 min).
- The Black Forest with numerous possibilities for hiking and winter sports (about 30 min.) up to the Europa Park Rust (about 40 min.)
The hotel is 5 minutes from the A5 motorway (exit Appenweier towards Strasbourg).
The Black Forest and the Vosges mountains in France are within easy reach. From Kork station (a 10 minutes walk from the house) there is a direct connection to Strasbourg (16 minutes) and the Black Forest (Haslach 25 minutes). Europa Park is not far away. The area is rich in cultural history. On foot or by bicycle there are several bathing lakes, some of which are suitable for children. A riding facility, which offers rental boxes for hikers and where coaches can also be reserved, is close by. The Aeroclub Kehl’s sailing and sports airfield offers round trips in good weather; great cycling tours suitable for young children are also available in the Rhine valley.
The building of the former Gasthof Hotel Krone is located in the centre of the town Auf dem Bühl where the former court used to stand.